Thursday 28 September 2017

The Barbican: Afternoon Tea In The Conservatory

With all the afternoon tea's I have been going on this one has been sat in my drafts for months waiting patiently to be shared, today is that day. So let me take you back to May (not a typo it was actually that long ago) for my sisters birthday she mentioned how much she had been wanting to go, therefore when better to take her? Sister brownie points are well earned in this corner.


My sister has a slight obsession with plants at the moment, along with every other interior blogger on Instagram right now. She seems to have a knack for killing the ones that don't even need much looking after, every time I see her it's a new plant. My family and I are in hysterics every time she gets a new one, making bets about how long it will last. The Barbican which is home to over 2,000 species of tropical plants and trees would undoubtably be her ideal setting and I'm starting to think she should've asked the staff for some tips. I have to say sitting amongst the greenery has a very calming effect on you whilst also capturing your attention as your eyes scan the room.

The afternoon begun with a 'gardener’s lunch box' inspired arrangement of sandwiches. With pairings of fresh cucumber and smoked pepper and avocado sourced from their very own tree, couldn't get more local produce if they tried and I honestly don't think anyone could beat that. They also offered something for your sweet tooth, our favourite being the Orange and Lavender Cake, which was both tasty and light in texture. It’s too warm for the lavender in the conservatory, but it can be found on the Lakeside. Finally there was the Lemon Thyme and Date Palm Scones which is grown in abundance in the garden. 
Priced at 37.50 per person, if like us to opt for unlimited Prosecco, it it one of the more affordable afternoon tea's available in London. Plus afterwards we had a little wander around the grounds to fully take in our surroundings. Would I recommend going, definitely, but maybe not on one of the hottest days of the year like us as you can imagine the temperature is pretty warm in there on a normal day.

Shop my Look:



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig