Monday 10 August 2015

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

The primer hunt continues next in line was this Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.
 Kindly purchased by my sister for my birthday she is fully aware of my struggle with oil and wanted to help me out. She loves her Smashbox primer which is the tinted version and talked to the girls at the counter who told her this one would be much better for me. I was pleasantly surprised when opening it as it was something I wasn't expecting and was eager to give it a go. The fact it was oil free was a good start. The minimal packaging was very easy to snap I have to admit. That subtle band of silver adds an element of effort to what otherwise is  a very average squeezey bottle. Sometimes minimal is nice so I'm not going to complain!

They advise a pea size amount which I feel is also suitable to cover your face. The white primer is light in texture, blends like a dream and sinks in to the skin with ease. It has a type of cooling agent perfect to calm any redness or sensitivity first thing in the morning, this could be due to the fact it is 60% water based. I noticed mostly a difference in the reduction of fine lines and pores which it does pride itself on. When used with foundation it really did give my skin a flawless finish and also worked as an ideal base for the rest of my make-up to be applied on top of. The primer gives a really smooth appearance to the skin and helps to conceal any imperfections.

It hasn't stopped my oil completely but I have seen a small improvement. I'm going to try it with a different foundation and see if that improves which I will be sure to report back. Once I apply powder over the top however my make-up goes back looking pretty darn perfect. The longevity is good I find my make-up stays in place perfectly. Once I try it with a new foundation I will see if it works better as impressed by it's results with everything else.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Heard great things about this, lovely post!x
    Claire | www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm hoping with a change of products it will work much better!x

      Delete

© Áine Tagon | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Crafted by pipdig